As a pre-party of sorts to the "Dubs on the Delaware" event, we will be having a scenic cruise through the Poconos on Saturday August 18th. We will be meeting at the Delaware Water Gap Welcome Center at 10:00 AM
***PLEASE BRING MOTOROLA SHORT WAVE RADIOS TO KEEP EVERYONE COMMUNICATING WHILE WE ARE DRIVING, CHANNEL WILL BE DECIDED BEFORE WE LEAVE***
We will meet up starting at 9:30 AM at the Delaware Water Gap Welcome Center, just off of the Delaware Water Gap exit on Route 80. ***PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO THE ROADS AND OTHER DRIVERS*** YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. LETS MAKE THIS A FUN CRUISE TO ENJOY WHAT THE POCONOS HAS TO OFFER.
- We will leave the Welcome Center no later than 10:00 then take 209 South to Rt 80.
- Then, make a right turn to go under the Rt 80 overpass. This will put us on River Rd. We will continue on this until the "T" Intersection and make a right to stay on River Rd.
- We will follow River Rd and pass the Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort on the right hand side (Show location) and keep on River Rd all the way through the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Once you see Hidden Lake Dr. on your left side, we will make the immediate right turn onto Community Drive.
- We will take Community Drive till it meets up with Rt 209 and make a right onto Rt 209 North.
- Continue to follow Rt 209 North through the Delware Water Gap National Recreation Area.
- Once we get to the town of Milford, we will go straight through the traffic light that intersects Rt 209 and Rt 6 to stay on Rt 6.
- Once we get to Rt 84, we will take Rt 84 East.
- Stay on Rt 84 till we get to exit 2, then make a left onto Mountain Rd.
- Make the first right onto Rt 6
- Stay on Rt 6 through the town of Port Jervis (East Main Street)
- At this point we want to stay straight to continue on East Main Street until we can merge right onto Rt 42/Rt 97
- Follow Rt 97 to Hawks Nest
- Once you get to Hawks Nest you will notice parking spots on the left hand side, what you need to do is drive through Hawks Nest's twisty turns then look for a spot to turn around so that you can find a parking spot. (Note, on the right side after the turns there is a pretty decent space where a few cars can park if you dont want to turn around.
- We generally stay up at Hawks Nest for about 30-45 minutes, we will announce over the Short Wave radios when we will be leaving.
- After chilling in Hawks Nest for a while we will continue on Rt 97 North.
- Follow Rt 97 N to Rt 52/24/652 West/South
- Take Bridge back over into PA (Narrowsburg)
- Follow Rt 52/652 West/South until the "T" intersection and make a Left onto to Rt 6 East/South.
- Follow Rt 6 East along Lake Wallenpaupack then make a right onto Rt 402 South
- Follow Rt 402 South till the "T" intersection and make a right onto Rt 209 South.
- Make the immediate left at the Marshall's Creek traffic light to go back towards Rt 80.
- End at the Bay Wash Car Wash/Dairy Queen parking lot which is on the left hand side....
The entire cruise will take approximately 4 to 5 hours.
Feel free to ask any questions you may have.